Our 11-step upholstery cleaning process is extremely effective for removing dirt, spots, stains, and even odors.
At Salisbury Rug & Carpet Cleaning, we want you to know that you may not need to throw out that old, dirty chair or sofa and get a new one—we may be able to help you salvage it and bring it back to life with our upholstery cleaning services.
Our 11-step upholstery cleaning process is extremely effective for removing dirt, spots, stains, and even odors. Here is what you can expect when you reach out to us for upholstery cleaning services in the Concord, North Carolina area:
- Step 1 – Pre-Inspection: We inspect the entire body of all furniture to be cleaned, noting each spot, stain and/or odor that needs attention.
- Step 2 – Area preparation: We inspect the area and prepare to reduce overspray.
- Step 3 – Spot, stain, odor pre-treat: Each spot or stain is pre-treated with enzymes that begin to break down the spots, stains, and/or odors in preparation for step 8, steam cleaning & rinse.
- Step 4 – Pre-treat dwell time: We allow the pre-treatment to dwell for a period of 5-15 minutes, depending upon the severity of stains.
- Step 5 – Standard pre-spray: When then add our standard pre-spray that helps emulsify dirt and soil in further preparation for step 8, steam cleaning & rinse.
- Step 6 – Standard pre-spray dwell time: We also allow the pre-spray to dwell for a period of 5-15 minutes, depending upon the severity of stains.
- Step 7 – Pre-groom: We pre-groom the fibers with a soft-bristled brush to help remove any spots and stains, also helping to emulsify the soil trapped in the furniture.
- Step 8 – Steam cleaning & rinse: We introduce the hottest water available through our direct-drive carpet cleaning machine, along with our rinse to neutralize pre-treatments and pre-sprays and extract loose soil.
- Step 9 – Speed dry: Like our carpet cleaning process, we use high-velocity air movers to help speed the drying time.
- Step 10 – Post-cleaning inspection: We inspect each piece of furniture to ensure all spots, stains, and/or odors were addressed.
- Step 11 – Post-cleaning deodorizer/fiber protectant: When applicable, we add a post-cleaning deodorizer to further freshen the fibers. At this point, we also add a fiber protectant. It is highly recommended that all rugs, carpets, and upholstery be protected. Industry standard calls for reapplication of fiber protectant every 12-18 months, depending upon the amount of traffic the fibers experience. Fiber protectant is available for an extra cost upon request if you want to reduce how often you need upholstery cleaning services.
Reach out today to learn more or to schedule an appointment. We can also schedule carpet cleaning, area rug cleaning, and tile & grout cleaning and offer services for commercial customers in the area.