Our 14-step rug cleaning process ensures your area rugs are restored to their original beauty.
If you are like many families in the Salisbury, North Carolina area, you may feel you just have to accept that your Oriental or other area rugs don’t look as nice as they should because you do not want to go through the aggravation of carting them to a rug cleaning company. The good news is that you don’t have to!
At Salisbury Rug & Carpet Cleaning, we offer free pick-up and delivery. We will come to your home to collect one or more rugs and bring them to our location, where they’ll go through our innovative 14-step rug cleaning process.
Our Area Rug Cleaning Process:
- Step 1 – Pre-Inspection: Pre-inspection is done both in the home with our client and again at our facility to ensure all spots, stains, and/or odors are addressed.
- Step 2 – Pre-vacuum: We pre-vacuum all area rugs before introducing any moisture in the form of pre-treatment, pre-spray, or extraction & rinse.
- Step 3 – Dye-stability test: Each rug is dye tested to ensure the stability of dyes.
- Step 4 – Dye stability pre-treatment: When applicable, a chemical is added to prevent bleeding during the pre-treatment, pre-spray, extraction and rinse process.
- Step 5 – Spot, stain, odor pre-treat: Each spot or stain is pre-treated with enzymes that begin to break down spots, stains, and/or odors in preparation for step 9, steam cleaning & rinse.
- Step 6 – Pre-treat dwell time: We allow the pre-treatment to dwell for a period of 5-15 minutes, depending upon the severity of stains.
- Step 7 – Standard pre-spray: When then add our standard fine fabric pre-spray that helps emulsify dirt and soil in further preparation for step 9, steam cleaning & rinse.
- Step 8 – Pre-spray dwell time: We also allow the pre-spray to dwell for a period of 5-15 minutes, depending upon the severity of stains.
- Step 9 – Steam cleaning & rinse: We introduce the hottest water available through our direct drive carpet cleaning machine, along with our rinse to neutralize pre-treatments and pre-sprays and extract loose soil.
- Step 10 – Hang to speed dry: Quick drying times are key to long-lasting results. We hang your area rug to speed dry using high-velocity air movers.
- Step 11 – Post-cleaning inspection: After the rugs are drying, while they’re hanging, we do a further inspection to ensure all spots, stains, and odors were addressed.
- Step 12 – Post-cleaning deodorizer/fiber protectant: When applicable, we add a post-cleaning deodorizer to further freshen the fibers. At this point, we also add a fiber protectant. It is highly recommended that all rugs, carpets, and upholstery be protected. Industry standard calls for reapplication of fiber protectant every 12-18 months, depending upon the amount of traffic the fibers experience. Fiber protectant is available for an extra cost upon request.
- Step 13 – Tie and wrap in plastic wrap: After our approval, we roll the rug as tight as possible, tie, and wrap it in plastic.
- Step 14 – Deliver and place area rug(s) as needed: On your scheduled delivery day, we deliver and place each rug back to the area(s) or your choice.
In-plant rug cleaning is highly recommended for Oriental rugs and loose, woven rugs. Here at Salisbury Rug & Carpet Cleaning, we care for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world. Having your rug cleaned in our plant allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available on location.
Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment to pick up your rugs to give them our highly effective rug cleaning treatment.