WE NOW PROVIDE CUSTOM CUT RUG PADS!
Tired of your rug slipping under your feet? Looking for protection for your hardwoods? Don’t settle for the commonly used “waffle pad” which over time can damage your floors. The dual purpose line of the Double Grip Rug Pads are uniquely designed for use with rugs on carpet or rugs on hard surfaces to help prevent rugs from shifting and bunching. All Double Grip Rug Pads are guaranteed to hold non-slip properties for 10 years.
Call Today for Pricing!
Oriental and Area Rug Cleaning
In-plant rug cleaning is highly recommended for Oriental Rugs and loose woven rugs. Salisbury Rug & Carpet Cleaning cares for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world. We will pick your rug up and bring it to our cleaning facility where it will receive our very thorough cleaning process to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your rug cleaned in our plant allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available on location.
Our Area Rug Cleaning Process:
- Step 1 – Pre-Inspection: Pre-inspection is done both in the home with our client and again at our facility to ensure all spot, stains and/or odors are addressed.
- Step 2 – Pre-vacuum: We pre-vacuum all area rugs before introducing any moisture in the form of pre-treatment, pre-spray, or extraction & rinse.
- Step 3 – Dye-stability test: Each rug is dye tested to ensure the stability of dyes.
- Step 4 – Dye stability pre-treatment: When applicable, a chemical is added to prevent bleeding during the pre-treatment, pre-spray, extraction and rinse process.
- Step 5 – Spot, stain, odor pre-treat: Each spot and stain is pre-treated with enzymes that begin break down spots, stain and/or odors in preparation for Step 9, Steam cleaning & Rinse.
- Step 6 – Pre-treat dwell time: We allow the pre-treatment to dwell for a period of 5-15 minutes, depending upon the severity.
- Step 7 – Standard pre-spray: When then add our standard fine fabric pre-spray that helps emulsify dirt and soil in further preparation for Step 9, steam cleaning & rinse.
- Step 8 – Pre-Spray dwell time: We also allow the pre-spray to dwell for a period of 5-15 minutes, depending upon the severity.
- Step 9 – Steam cleaning & rinse: We introduce the hottest water available through our direct drive carpet cleaning machine along with our rinse to neutralize pre-treatments, pre-sprays and finally extracting loose soil.
- Step 10 – Hang to speed dry: Quick drying times are key to long lasting results. We hang your area rug to speed dry using high velocity air movers.
- Step 11 – Post cleaning inspection: After drying, while hanging, we do a further inspection to ensure all spots, stains, and odors were addressed.
- Step 12 – Post cleaning deodorizer/fiber protectant: When applicable, we add a post cleaning deodorizer to further freshen the fibers. At this point, we also add a fiber protectant. It is highly recommended that all rugs, carpets, and upholstery be protected. Industry standard calls for reapplication of fiber protectant every 12-18 months, depending upon the amount of traffic the fibers experience. Fiber protectant is available for an extra cost upon request.
- Step 13 – Tie and wrap in plastic wrap: After our approval, we roll the rug as tight as possible, tie, and wrap each rug in plastic.
- Step 14 – Deliver and place area rug(s) as needed: On your scheduled delivery day, we deliver and place each rug back to the area(s) or your choice.